I have a life time membership application to transfer, but can see no evidences of foreign service, campaign ribbon, or hostile fire imminent danger on member's DD214.  Commander says to go head and transfer, feels we need the quota for state.  I asked member to submit form 180 for update or orders that would help.  Any advice or opinions.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

For one, transferring now will have no effect on membership quota for this year as the member will not  count until 9-30-2017. For two, if there is no proof of eligibility on DD-214 then you should not transfer this person for any reason.  Instead, a copy of the DD-214 and his membership number should  be submitted to National HQ so that he may be removed from the roles upon their determination of his lack of eligibility.  National will give him time to submit proper documentation.




Search VFW WebCOM


  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2018   Created by Policlicks   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Content found on this site, unless otherwise noted, is provided for informational and discussion purposes only and does not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, its Departments, Districts or Posts.